Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Feelin' emo so lets write a stoopid poem huzzah.

Meh. i fail at poetry but i decided to write some the other day in accordance to my mood, which was rather dark and miserable. feel free to completely ignore the angsty-ness. well here goes, if your actually thinking about reading this BE WARNED. i'm not pretending i have any talent in writing poetry (because i don't) so please don't hold it against me if you read this crap and want to completely blow up your computer screen. sigh. weeeell here goes.

Moon slides over pale disorderly figures as they climb
up
and over
tombs reaking with despair
fire leaps past the shadows
reaches for my hand
soar
back through the mirror and hide
behind closed doors

don't look!
as the cold dead hands reach for
me? her?
decayed fingers caress my skin
looking for the life that screams
through my veins
pull back and
run!
panting as i fly from
her shadows

mirror after mirror
shows your true eyes in the gloom
bloodshot
they stare back
filled with the horror
of things still unseen

mouth opens
in a silent scream
no sound
to hear
but they can feel
the anguish

teeth shining
hardened chill
falling
spiralling
twisting
sinking
lower
through the mirrors
but they follow
with shrieks of delight
faster
and
faster

land
on frozen lake, ice
CRACKS
fall through
can't breathe
eyes open, and realization
hits
not drawning in water, but
moonbeams

close my eyes
and i remember
the wings
that caught her, but they aren't for me
left to drown in silent
agony

the figures loom behind
forgotten mirrors
they push back there hoods
identical
success gleaming in their eyes
turn to look at
the faces of the tormentors
gasp, breathe in sharp
lungs crack as i inhale frozen moon

its her
all of them
or....
are they me?

the mirror shatters across
her face?
my face?
shards across the ice
turn to dust
released from the moon
spread eagled
broken
pathetic
skin breacks
ink flows
the mirror screams
echoes
in your ears

No comments:

Post a Comment